About FarView HR
The philosophy of FarView HR is about empowering individuals and teams to develop and improve.
Using several powerful tools and approaches, the aim is to enhance the awareness of individuals and teams with regards to their communication, behavioural and motivational preferences, enabling them to progress in their journey to realise their potential.
We believes that when given the awareness and knowledge, individuals are empowered to personally develop and grow, positively influencing their lives and their workplaces.
Background – Peter Skeen
Peter has had over thirty years experience as a senior manager and director of human resources in the Commonwealth public sector. During this time, he managed all aspects of human resources as well as other corporate functions including WHS, learning and development, workplace relations, conflict management, performance management, organisational change, leadership, executive remuneration, recruitment, job evaluation, downsizing/redundancies, security and facilities management. He has extensive experience in managing staff, having been responsible for teams of up to 45 staff. He has demonstrated the ability to motivate and lead cohesive and effective teams.
Peter’s experience crosses mainstream government departments as well as a statutory authority and scientific agencies. He was part of several task-forces to establish and wind up agencies as well as a number of machinery of government changes.
Peter’s main areas of interest include:
- motivational awareness
- behavioral awareness
- leadership and management
- communication preferences
- strategic HR advice
- change management
- performance management and feedback
- work level standards/job evaluation.
- Bachelor of Science, Australian National University, majoring in psychology and human sciences
- Graduate Diploma in Community Counselling, Canberra College of Advanced Education
- Certified Mercer CED Job Assessor
- Certified TetraMap facilitator
- Certified HBDI® facilitator
- Certified Mindscious Motivational Maps facilitator
- Certified Professional Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute (CAHRI)
- Working with Vulnerable People
- Commissioner for Declarations